Monday, 12 June 2017

#spherepicnicquilt - all finished and ready for ... winter???

I'm so pleased to share a finish with you - my Sphere picnic quilt!




This uses a fat eighth bundle of Sphere by Zen Chic for Moda, is backed with a heavyweight denim and bound in this gorgeous orange and metallic print from Carolyn Friedlander's Botanics collection.


I quilted it in an all-over meander, and added a flap with velcro so it can be rolled up for storing in the car.



I'm loving the denim on the back, although it made it rather unwieldy while quilting.


Looking forward to lots of picnics with this!


Quilt StatsFinished Size: approx 63" by 64"
Pattern:  Original design
Fabric: Front is improv-pieced using a fat eighth bundle of Sphere by Zen Chic for Moda.  
Binding: Orange and gold metallic Botanics print
Backing: A heavyweight denim from Spotlight
Pieced and quilted by: me, on my domestic sewing machine.


4 comments:

  1. I was just admiring this on IG this morning! It's a great design Sarah! And who doesn't love blue and yellow together! It looks like the sun shining on a blue ocean! And what a great idea to attach the tab to hold it altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to make a sun on water quilt forever. This is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour placement is magic ... and you know I'm a huge fan of denim :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...