Friday 22 May 2015

Learn Foundation Paper Piecing with the Tartan Kiwi!

*** THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL - If you want to be added to the waitlist please send us an email ***


Want to learn Foundation Paper Piecing from an expert?  Juliet (the Tartan Kiwi) is coming to my place (in Geraldine, South Canterbury) to teach a Foundation Paper Piecing workshop, on Sunday 28 June 2015, from 10am to 3pm, the cost will be $50.

About the Class
In class we will be making Juliet's simple 5" butterfly.  This is a confident beginner's class - you need to be able to sew a straight line and preferably be able to use a rotary cutter.  A limited number of student sewing machines are available for use during the workshop.


You will need to bring: sewing machine, rotary cutter and a cutting mat, rotary ruler, scissors for cutting paper, a pencil (colouring pencils can be helpful), a Fat Quarter of background fabric and a range scraps for the butterfly. 

About Juliet (The Tartan Kiwi)
Juliet van der Heijden is a Scot living in Canterbury, New Zealand who designs and sells paper piecing patterns.  You can see more of Juliet's work on her blog, or browse her patterns in her payhip store.


About Foundation Paper Piecing
Foundation Paper Piecing is a patchwork technique where you sew fabric to a paper template - you sew along lines drawn or printed on the paper and this enables you to sew complicated shapes and achieve precise points.  For some ideas about what is possible with Foundation Paper Piecing, check out this Pinterest Board.

How to book
If you're interested in coming along, please send me an email.

The fine print:
  • A minimum of 4 students is required for this class to go ahead, with a maximum of 5.
  • Payment must be received in full by Friday, 19 June 2015, your place is not confirmed until full payment has been received.
  • Cancellations made before Friday, 19 June 2015 will be refunded in full, cancellations made after this date will not be refunded unless you are able to find someone to attend in your place.
  • If the workshop is cancelled by us for any reason, a full refund will be given.

3 comments:

  1. If only I lived closer. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...