Friday, 11 July 2014

Wonky Pods - the lap quilt edition



Another quilt made using my newly released Wonky Pods pattern, this time I used a strip piecing technique to create random/crazy pieced blocks without borders, and substituted these for the wonky cut pattern blocks.  The quilt finishes up at about 56" x 57" so is a great lap/throw size.  It uses a mixture of prints from my stash - Botanics,  Mormor, Alison glass text prints ... and a few others.  I find when creating crazy pieced blocks it's good to have at least 10 fabrics - preferably more.




I FMQed it in an all-over meandering, I love the texture and how it crinkles after washing, this is definitely my current go-to quilting style.


It is backed with a vintage sheet.


If you're interested in making one of my patterns, they are all currently marked down 25% to celebrate the release of my Wonky Pods pattern and I Spy a Charm pattern.

Quilt Stats
Finished Size: approx 57" by 56"
Pattern:  "Wonky Pods" (available in my Craftsy store) 
Fabric: Various.   Background fabric is Kona Snow. 
Backing: Vintage sheet.
Binding: Fanfare (from Spotlight)
Pieced and quilted by: me

Linking up to:
Finish it up Friday

7 comments:

  1. Another beauty! Thanks for sharing this one too on TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combo of the blues on the front with the pop of orange-y binding. I must try meandering FMQ ... but until then I'll just admire yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the floral fabric and the quilting you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great modern quilt! Love how the blocks are pieced!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love the colors. I am working on one very similar to this right now with fabrics from my crumb scrap jar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those wonky blocks, and the binding you chose is perfect -- I love the contrast of the red with the blues.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...