Wednesday 25 May 2011

Is that a vintage suitcase?

Well, no, but that was certainly the look I was going for!  Its a papier-mâché suitcase that I bought at Spotlight, painted on the outside with Resene Hot Chilli and lined with some scrapbooking paper. 



I had been thinking about doing this for a while, finally bought the materials and then procrastinated for quite some time before finally starting it a few days before Ruby was born (she is now 9 months old!).  I managed to get a couple of coats of paint in before the obstetrician decided hospital was the best place for me and it has been gathering dust (and cat hair) under our bed ever since.

I had originally intended it to be used as storage for Ruby's toys, or as a suitcase when she has sleepovers at Grandma and Poppa's house, but I don't think it's study enough for that.  At the moment Ali Bear likes hanging out in it. 


The paper is Cherry Cordial from Basic Grey's Bittersweet collection. When I went to finish it recently I realised I didn't have enough paper.  My local Spotlight no longer stocked it so I went on a mad internet search to find some.  I ended up buying the whole collection kit, which I no doubt will find some use for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...